Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Swinging Bridge

At the northern end of Casey Key, on Blackburn Point Rd. is a very rare single lane swinging bridge. Most of the bridges over the Inland Waterway are draw bridges, this one pivots on a center access. I am amazed that a single lane bridge like this survives in this area, but I'm thankful it does because I think its pretty amazing.

I also know that area resident have fought to save this bridge. I'm not sure if that's so much because of it's uniqueness or because a single lane bridge cuts down the amount of traffic going by their mansions on the key. Frankly I don't care why, I'm glad the bridge is there and hope it always will be.

1 comment:

  1. I saw one of these for the first time when we were in Florida. I saw those that raise up too but the swinging bridge was different. This is a nice photo of one.

    Be part of history. Become a Follower or leave a comment. Tell you friends. Link up. Pick a Peck of Pixels

    ReplyDelete