Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kon-Tiki Motel

Set next to a boat showroom and marina and right above the inland waterway, this special little motel feels like it should be on a secluded tropical isle. This motel has a very cool modern tiki retro feel to it. It's actually very hard to capture in a photograph, it is a grouping of bungalows connected by a covered walkway.

The rooms have beautiful wood ceilings and kitchenettes. Unfortunately, it's also very hard to get one of those rooms. There are only nine of them and they are very well booked up from repeat business of people who really love the place. The place has such a great feel to it, that it's very easy to see way it's so hard to get a room there.

If you're feeling lucky though you can contact the Kon-Tiki at 941-485-9696

2 comments:

  1. David, this little kon-tiki motel sounds cool. I've seen it before, but it takes your keen eye to "discover" its ambiance. Is it even booked up in the off season? I feel lucky, but that doesn't always mean I "get lucky!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE STAYED SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. I LIVE IN BRADENTON A SHORT CAR TRIP AND I FEEL LIKE I'M HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY.
    SUPER CLEAN. EXTRA NICE MANAGERS

    ReplyDelete