Saturday, June 6, 2009

Triangle Inn

One of the earlier buildings in Venice which once housed an inn this beautiful structure has been moved to a park area and is now home to the Venice Historical Society. The building has exhibits on Venice history with archives for those interested in researching area history. The society also sponsors lectures and events such as historical tours in the area.

The park area nearby is very nice too featuring a public library, events center, and arts center. Across the street is a park with lots of open grassy space, a gazebo/band stand, and an arboretum.

3 comments:

  1. We've been to Venice many times and love it! Still have a bucket of shark teeth to show, too...got lots of photos from Venice...

    It seems I remember when this was an Inn...

    Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely building and the park sounds wonderful too!

    I find it amazing when people say that a building was 'moved.' I can't even begin to imagine how that's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, at first I wasn't going to use this shot, but when I looked at others with the front of the building fully lit by the sun, I liked the lighting in this one better.

    I did not see this building moved, but I have seen others and it is a huge undertaking!

    ReplyDelete