Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lush Green Beauty

I come from a very green and mountainous state. The mountains are one thing I miss here, so fortunately for me it is very green in Florida. For me the lush vegetation is one of the top things that help make this paradise. If this mostly flat peninsula was desert I wonder who would really want to live here? I wouldn't!

Whenever I see neighborhoods without trees or much landscaping beyond grass I know I couldn't live there and wonder why anyone would want to. Also what are they doing to the ecosystem? Trees and natural landscaping make such a huge difference.

Summer temperatures on street with a good tree canopies can feel a good ten degrees cooler than streets with few or no trees. Plus natural landscaping uses a fraction of the water that grass does, it also retains water better as well.

Fortunately people here in Florida and all over the country are wising up by planting more trees and landscaping with plants which are natural to their area.

No comments:

Post a Comment