Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree



Yes Virginia, there are more traditional Christmas trees in Florida, most of them in fact.  But I just had to share a tree with a distinctive Florida flair.  One of the things that surprised me here in FL where we typically enjoy Christmas in warm weather is how much people seem to long for a white Christmas.  It's on the radio in song, and it's big time in Christmas decorations.

While it surprised me in Florida, it surprised me even more further south.  An image search of Christmas in places like Australia and Brazil where Christmass is in their Summer still shows that snow themes still make popular Christmass decor.

So far I've only heard one song (in the Venice Christmas Parade) about Christmas in Paradise, and I'm still trying to track it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment